Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I AM BACK!!!!!

Sorry it has been over a week since I have been able to update the blog, but the burden of Finals Week and the end of another semester is behind me and I am comfortably in Summer mode. With Summer comes more trips to the Pirates Games and Curve Games. I attended my first Bucco game on April 22nd when they fell to the Cardinals. I always enjoy entering PNC Park and I was excited to enjoy my first trip to the Ballpark of 2012 and to check out the new Budweiser Bowtie Bar in Right Field. I left disappointed, after getting there and  finding out I would have to shell out $9.50 for a draft beer. That was not going to happen. I still enjoyed the Buc Day Promotion which is one of the best ones the Pirates Have. I did not go crazy, but I did enjoy my share of hot dogs and popcorn for $1 each. Even though they lost with a view like this how could you not enjoy yourself. Still the Best Ballpark in America.


Now onto the Johnstown Generals. After this past Sunday's embarrassing 74-14 lost at Erie, a game in which a fan on their Facebook page stated that it looked like only 13 players were dressed and had different helmets, the Generals return home to take on the Western PA Sting this Saturday Night. Honestly, I am not sure if I will be attending this game and I have attended every game since they became founding members of the UIFL last season. This is looking like the downhill slide to the end of another Johnstown Indoor Football team and the blame needs to be on the ownership & managment, not the fans.
As I look forward the positives of the next few weeks in Sports, I am getting closer and closer to my second trip to Pocono Raceway this year. This time, I will be attending the first race on the newly repaved "Tricky Triangle" so I am looking forward to the fast speeds that are expected by the drivers who took part in the Goodyear Tire Test last week. 
Here is an article from the Scranton Times-Tribune about the two day test

I look forward to more sports experiences this summer and I hope you visit often to see what I am up to and what I have to say

- The Flood City Sports Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment