Saturday, April 21, 2012

Game 6 Preview & A Bucco Win

Well its the night before a big day for me. Game 6 of the playoff series is tomorrow at noon and I will be attending my first Pirates game of the season tomorrow. This will be the first of many trips to PNC Park this year. Before I talk about the Pirates game, I have to focus on the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

1. It's great to see the support for the Penguins. It's hard to believe that just a few days ago people were saying the series was over and now the Pens are just one game away from hosting a game 7 at Consol. The pressure is still on the Pens, but I feel like its about even with the Flyers. Either way Game 6 in Philly should be interesting.

2. I am finally glad the NHL is taking hits seriously and I agree with the 25 Game Suspension on Coyotes Forward Raffi Torres. They need to send a message to players and this is a great way to do it.

Tonight also marked the debut of A.J. Burnett to the Pirates Staff. If he pitches this well every start I think we will all be satisified. I only hope some of his ability to stay in a game for 7 or 8 innings rubs off on some of his teammates. I see good things for this team this season, especially if Pedro Alvarez gets it going which it appears he has done so with his 2 RBI's tonight.

Look for a recap of tomorrows games after I return from the Burgh.

Thanks,

Ed
The Flood City Sports Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment