Friday, April 6, 2012

Opening Day... Nothing Like It

Yesterday was one of the best day's of the year: Baseball Opening Day. There is nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass and the crack of the bat. Unfortunately the Pirates lost their home opener 1-0, but the record crowd was hopefully a sign that there are more fans on board for this year. I cannot wait to return to PNC Park for my first game this season, and I am excited to see the changes that have been made this year. My first trip will be April 22nd and should be the first of many trips. Along with the Pirates, the Altoona Curve began their exciting 2012 season which will hopefully be more successful and productive than last year. Best of luck to both of these teams and all the others this season.

This will be a busy week for me when it comes to sports. Tomorrow I will attend the Johnstown Generals Arena Football Game and Monday I will make the trip to Long Pond, PA to Pocono Raceway and a possible side trip to the Scranton Area to see the home of the Baby Pens and the Yankees. Look for photos of these next week.

I hope to post more often on this blog and feel free to follow me on Twitter @BigEdSheets


- The Flood City Sports Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment