Friday, July 6, 2012

10 Games over .500

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while since I was on here. Thats what summer does to ya! One great thing about this summer is the Pittsburgh Pirates this year. 10 Games over .500 and sitting in first place in the NL Central. This has all of us that are Pirate fans excited each and every night. It is extra special for people like me who were infants the last time the team made a run like this in the early 90's. We have never experienced a season like this one, so it is just as special if not more special for us.

I am also a fan of the Zoltan theme that this team has taken because it bonds the team and brings them together and also, I enjoyed the movie "Dude Where's My Car. There is even a company selling shirts with the Zoltan sign on it in a Pirates theme. Could this be a theme similar to the "We are Family" of the 1979 World Championship Team? I guess we will all have to wait and hope for the best. 


Looking at the Pirates AA Affiliate in Altoona, the Curve continue their up and down season teatering around the .500 mark and sitting in 4th place of the Eastern League Western Division at 41-43 at the time I post this. The curve sit 8 games out of First place, but only trail second place by 3.5 games which in the Eastern League is an easy challenge to overcome. The top team in the Eastern League is the Akron Aeros who hold an impressive 30-15 record at home and I dont see this changing. It seems that Akron is typically one of the top teams every year. No matter where they sit in the standings, a trip to Peoples Natural Gas Park is always an entertaining one, and my last trip when the Curve played these Aeros a few weeks ago included a bench clearing in the 9th inning.

Hopefully, when I make my next post the Pirates success is continuing and the Curve get on the right track. Until then, enjoy all the fun of summer both on and off the field.

- The Flood City Sports Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment